Dance (Dancing) is defined as
- to move one's feet or body, or both, rhythmically in apattern of steps, especially to the accompaniment of music.
- to leap, skip, etc., as from excitement or emotion; movenimbly or quickly: to dance with joy.
- to bob up and down
The way someone dances tells you a lot about their personality and often times their intentions. Some people are modest about how they dress and others not so modest. This also applies to dancing. Modest dancers tend to have more respect for themselves and others around them and generally speaking there to have a good time. While the not so modest people tend to have a goal in mind and they believe acting like that in public will help them achieve that particular goal.
This week I have attended the Grizzly Rose twice to get my line dancing on and between the two times the atmosphere was drastically different from each other. Sunday is "family" night so all the youngsters come to stand on the dance floor until they do the one hour of rap. Then their true motives come out.....grinding and such. But tonight the people that came were mostly older and they came to enjoy the music and to actually dance. Granted there were some old folks trying to get their flirt on and trying to see if they still have what it takes to attract the opposite sex. But generally speaking they were there for the sole purpose of that particular bar, to dance.
I am a dancer. That statement does not mean that I am any good but I enjoy it. I dance while at work, in the car, at church, and of course I dance at the Rose. People all over the world express themselves through dancing, that alone just amazes me. People dance to show their emotions: happy, excited, depressed, sad, confused, etc.....
Dancing is so easy to do as well. You don't necessarily have to know how to dance all you have to do is move your body. When I randomly begin to dance it's usually just the legs, hahaha. My feet nor my hands don't move, it's my hips and legs. Don't worry I look good doing it. We find dancing so important that we include it in some of the most influential events of our lives, such as weddings, graduations, and sometimes funerals.
To dance is not only to express yourself but to also feel emotions. When you dance with a partner something happens there. I don't know exactly what happens but sparks begin to be lit. While dancing with others there is communication going on. Hahaha, tonight i was saying the steps out loud (two and then one, two and then one), otherwise i would be stepping on feet. This way Anthony knew when I would be off track.
As I am writing this, I keep thinking of the story in the Bible about David rejoicing and just dancing unashamed naked in the presence of the Lord God. I absolutely love to dance but to dance in the presence of the Alpha and Omega I think I would choke. I would forget the moves and stumble over myself. I would be in such awe I would forget that I even had legs and arms to move. But I am sure one of these days, I will be able to stay composed enough to show him just what sweet moves I got. Plus I know that i respect myself enough to not worry about the modesty aspect of it all. That alone excites me.
So for now I plan on just practicing a lot and seek some professional help later on to make sure that I look halfway decent when the time comes.
Simply Written,
LiZz
No comments:
Post a Comment